Experience the ApolloMD Difference
The position represents medical leadership for the ApolloMD Hospitalist program at Porter Health also where we currently manage the Emergency Department. The established Hospitalist service provides coverage for Porter Regional Hospital, a 301 bed short term acute care facility, located in Valparaiso, IN. Performance in this role sets the example for physician services within the hospital, and serves as the physician liaison between the Hospital Staff and Administration.
- Average 18 patients per shift
- No procedures required
- Full complement of specialty support
- Seven on/Seven off scheduling
- Day and Night shifts available
The ideal candidate will have:
- Long-term interest in hospital medicine and medical administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in areas of hospital and medical practice, management, marketing, strategic planning, quality metrics, utilization- among others.
- Ability to speak effectively on administrative and clinical matters as related to hospital and hospitalist areas
Valparaiso, a city in Porter county Indiana, is located 17 miles SE of Gary, Indiana and 40 miles SE of Chicago, Illinois. The city offers multiple attractions including numerous museums for any history buff to enjoy and an award winning popcorn festival that is celebrating its 37th year. Also, for those that enjoy the outdoors, the Indiana dunes and Lake Michigan are close by and have facilities for swimming, hiking, and camping. Whatever your interests, Valparaiso is sure to have something for you!