- August 9, 2023
Healthcare Tech Outlook — a print and digital publication that specializes in enterprise health care technology and expertise — recently profiled ApolloMD’s embrace of technology, data, and customized solutions for its health care partners.
Titled “ApolloMD: Improving Patient Experience Through Innovative Processes,” the article highlights ApolloMD’s commitment to innovation and partnerships to:
- Work closely with its hospital stakeholders to find creative solutions for staff shortages, with a unique focus on the emotional well-being and health of doctors and APCs who work in high-stress hospital/health care settings or specialties
- Identify and solve operational issues, ranging from space utilization to staffing matrices to innovative care delivery
- Pilot and test problem-solving initiatives, one of which was a successful pandemic-related initiative that addressed ED staffing challenges: placement of an ApolloMD liaison in the ED to boost communication and care flow between providers and patients, for example, increased the hospital’s patient experience ratings and was subsequently implemented at multiple sites
- Approach and deliver patient care holistically and creatively, including hosting ApolloMD care team meetings virtually during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic and resuming in-person meetings as soon as circumstances allowed
- Host Commitment to Care, a 10-week immersive training program focused solely on consistent patient experiences
- Provide training “boot camps” for team members on a variety of topics, ranging from staff collaboration, preparing residents for success in independent practice, and role-reversal practice drills to help providers understand the different ways that health care can be perceived
Fueling ApolloMD is a companywide philosophy “driven by the belief that healthy clinicians lead to healthy patients and communities,” according to the article. When ApolloMD enters a new hospital system or community, it takes into consideration each new partner’s unique services, challenges, and opportunities.
“We work collaboratively with both clinicians and hospital leadership teams to address patient experience needs at a personal level,” says LaDawn Bradley, RN, National Director of Patient Experience at ApolloMD.
Healthcare Tech Outlook also highlights ApolloMD’s status as a physician-run, employee-owned health care provider.
“One of the reasons we are always able to showcase these outstanding results is because we have a unique performance-based compensation structure that ensures everyone in the organization is motivated to achieve optimal clinical outcomes, quality, efficiency, and patient experience,” says Evan Howell, PA-C, ApolloMD’s Chief Clinical Operations Officer and Chief Advanced Practice Clinician.
For more information about ApolloMD’s services, capabilities, and results, please click here to contact us.