Partner: Houston Medical Center—Warner Robins, Ga.
Focus: Transition Success—Recruiting & Patient Flow
Results: Immediate Transition Success with a Focus on Long-term Improvement
Prior to partnership with ApolloMD, Houston Medical Center, located in Warren Robins, GA, was operating with a small team of providers in the emergency department. The department was seeking opportunities for long-term metric improvement.
In February 2014, ApolloMD began providing emergency medicine services in the Houston ED. Immediately, the focus was on expanding the core staff with highly-trained clinical providers to enhance efficiency and improve quality of care. A thorough throughput analysis allowed the new provider team to determine opportunities for metric improvement. The leadership and ED provider teams developed customized plans for long term metric success.
Over the course of a year, all patient flow metrics continued to show progress, including an outstanding 59 percent decrease in the LWBS rate which directly affects hospital revenue.
- Core Team: Increased by 8 physicians and 6 APCs
- Daily Coverage: Increased to 30+ hours per day
- Door to Bed: 17 minutes saved
- Door to Doc: 16 minutes saved
- Average LOS: 44 minutes saved
- Discharged LOS: 46 minutes saved
- Admitted LOS: 64 minutes saved
- PSAT Nurse Score: 19 percent increase