Atrium Health Waxhaw Freestanding Emergency Department opened December 16, 2011.. Parent hospital and ApolloMD partner Atrium Health Union is located 14 miles away in Monroe, North Carolina.
- Annual Patient Volume: 20,000
- Admission Rate: 5%
- Documentation: Cerner
- Physician Daily Coverage: 24 hours
- APC Daily Coverage: 8-10 hours
- BCEM Team
- Excellent Nursing Staff
- National Ranking for Patient Satisfaction
- Specialties: OB-Gyn, Cardio, ENT, GS, Neuro, Ophthamology, Ortho, Ped, Pulm, Urology
- Freestanding ED, sister facility to Atrium Union
Set within the urban fabric of Charlotte, Waxhaw provides convenient access to the city without the hustle or hassle of big city living. Waxhaw is rich in heritage, bustling with activities and offers a sense of well-being for all who live, work or play here. The community offers numerous activities and cultural events throughout the year including The Museum of the Waxhaws, David G. Barnes Children’s Park, shop, stroll and dine in Downtown Waxhaw, JAARS Center, Harvey Clay Nesbit Park, visit the Waxhaw Sk8 Park, the Waxhaw Historical Walking Tour, the Military Wall of Honor, shows at the Storefront Theatre, Queen’s Cup Steeplechase and many festivals and events in the downtown area. Waxhaw offers quality education options for families and a moderate year-round climate.