JFK Memorial Hospital was founded in 1966 by a group of physicians including Dr. Carreon, who later had one of the hospitals cross streets named in his honor. Originally called Indio Community Hospital, the hospital grew from a 112-bed hospital to the 156-bed JFK Memorial Hospital of today. The facility sees 40,000 annual patients in its emergency department.
- Average Daily Census: 18 patients
- Number of Beds: 156
- Scheduling: ‘Week ON / Week OFF’ scheduling
- Established and expanding program
- No procedures or code responsibility
- New graduates are encouraged to apply
- BE/BC in Internal Medicine (preferred) or Family Medicine w/experience (considered)
Located in Indio, California’s “City of Festivals”, John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital lies in the Coachella Valley of Southern California’s Colorado Desert region. The City of Indio embraces its diversity and provides outstanding municipal services to enhance the quality of life for residents, visitors and the business community. It lies 23 miles east of Palm Springs, 77 miles east of Riverside, and 127 miles east of Los Angeles.