Mercy’s Emergency Department is rated one of the best in the country in patient satisfaction. For two years in a row, Mercy has been ranked as a U.S. News & World Report Best Regional Hospital in Iowa.
- Annual Patient Volume: 14,000
- ED Beds: 27
- 10 Private Pediatric Treatment Rooms
- Admission Rate: 12%
- Documentation: Cerner
- Physician Daily Coverage: 24 hours
- APC Daily Coverage: 12 hours
- 802- Bed acute care facility
- Accredited Chest Pain and Stroke Center
- Level 2 Trauma Center
- Pediatric Transport Team
- Child-Life Specialist
- BC in Pediatrics with Emergency Medicine Training or Relevant Experience
Des Moines, the capital city of Iowa, offers the best of both worlds: the big city lifestyle with a small town atmosphere. The city is filled with rich history, endless attractions for all ages, a growing number of nationally acclaimed cultural events/festivals, 76 city parks, more than 20 golf courses, miles of recreational trails, famous Broadway shows and a variety of restaurants. Des Moines is a big city that makes it easy to experience, share and see more.