Located in the central Georgia city of Macon, Atrium Health Navicent is the second-largest hospital in Georgia. It is ranked among the top two hospitals in the state when it comes to quality of care and patient experience by U.S. News and World Report. Atrium Health Navicent sees 65,000 annual patients in its 50-bed emergency department and is the only designated Level 1 Trauma Center in the region.
- Annual Patient Volume: 10,000
- ED Beds: 10
- Documentation: Cerner
- Physician Daily Coverage: 12 hours
- Pediatric Hospitalist Service
- Residents rotate through ED
- BC/BE PEDS or EM required, PEMs desired
- No APCs
- New growth & new facility/state of the art
- Scheduling: 6am-6pm (days); 6pm-6am (nights)
- 12 shifts a month on average
Located a short distance from metro Atlanta, Macon, Georgia provides countless entertainment opportunities including more than a dozen museums and historic houses, as well as performing art activities in a variety of venues. Macon – “Where Soul Lives!” – is home to the late legendary R&B singer/songwriter Otis Redding, and offers a historical walk through the birthplace of Southern Rock with museums, performances and festivals. For families, Macon also offers a variety of educational choices and a low cost of living. “The Heart of Georgia,” – Macon is a great place to work, live and raise a family.