Search Practice Opportunities
Experience the ApolloMD Difference
Specialty: Emergency Medicine
Street Address: 746 Jefferson Ave, Scranton
Zip Code: 18510
Regional Hospital of Scranton is a 186-bed acute care hospital. The hospital has been nationally recognized for quality and innovation particularly in the areas of orthopedics, cardiology, and cancer care. Regional is accredited in 12 areas and was the first hospital in Pennsylvania to be certified in hip, shoulder and knee replacement and first in the Lackawanna County to perform robotic-assisted surgery.
- Annual Patient Volume: 26,500
- ED Beds: 21
- Admission Rate: 21%
- Documentation: Cerner
- Physician Daily Coverage: 24
- APC Daily Coverage: 24
- 186 licensed beds
- General Radiology: 24/7
- CT Scan: 24/7
- Ultrasound: M-F: 7a – 11p, Saturday: on-call 8a-3p
- Nuclear Medicine: M-F: 7a – 4:30p, Weekends and Holidays: on-call
- MRI: M-F: 8a – 4:30p
- Interventional Radiology: M-F: 7:30a – 4p, Weekends and Holidays: on-call
- Board certification required
- ATLS, PALS, ACLS, BLS certifications as well as Medical Command required
- Physicians must be boarded if more than 1-year post-residency.
Scranton, Pennsylvania is a modern, progressive area, offering a low cost of living and a superior quality of life. It is at the heart of the beautiful Lackawanna River Valley and surrounded by the Endless Mountains and the Pocono. Outside of the great outdoors and cultural amenities Scranton has to offer, it also provides great educational and healthcare systems, strong work ethics and family traditions. The neighborhoods are clean, safe, and affordable, making Scranton a location of choice to live and work. Scranton is also a centralized location to other major cities including New York City, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. Enjoy the best of both worlds–small town and big city just a short drive away!