Located in East Memphis, Tennessee, Level II Trauma Center St. Francis Hospital has been nationally recognized for its cardiac care, joint replacement, weight loss, and gastrointestinal surgical programs. St. Francis is an excellent facility to build up practices and referrals, and physicians enjoy free breakfast and lunch each day in the Physicians’ Lounge.
- Number of Beds: 519
- Scheduling: 7 on / 7 off
- Documentation: Cerner
- Night Admits Per Provider: 8-10
- Intensivists and FM residents cover closed ICU
- Surgical co-management
- All consult services available except for transplants
- Rapid response team & MRT to assist 24/7
- Case management rounds daily to assist in discharges
- Practice Size – 4 Day Providers, 1 Nocturnist
Memphis, along the Mississippi River in southwest Tennessee, is known for its music and food. Blues, jazz and rock ‘n’ roll spill out from the clubs along Beale Street, and restaurants dish up barbecue and soul food. Elvis Presley, B.B. King and Johnny Cash recorded albums at the legendary Sun Studio, and Presley’s Graceland mansion is a popular attraction. Visitors know Memphis as the place to go for music, history and plenty of partying. Locals, however, know Memphis as a city of hidden gems, local restaurants and underground culture. There are a several ways to experience ‘the balanced lifestyle’ as a local in Memphis.