Carolinas Healthcare System Stanly is located in Albemarle, NC in scenic Stanly County. Just 42 miles from the center of Charlotte, the Medical Center is a 119- bed medical facility consisting of 97 general acute beds, 10 rehabilitation beds and 12 behavioral health beds.
- Annual Patient Volume: 36,000
- ED Beds: 16
- Admission Rate: 10-12%
- Documentation: Cerner
- Physician Daily Coverage: 24-34 hours
- APC Daily Coverage: 24-36 Hours
- 10 or 12 Hour Shifts Available
- Nocturnist Differential Offered
- Lab 24/7, Radiology 24/7, Ultrasound 24 M-F, until 11 pm on w/ends
- Specialists Available: OB-Gyn, Cardio, GS, Ortho, Neuro (always on stroke call), Ped, Psych (no on call-have psych unit in place)
- Easy Access to specialist through Carolinas Healthcare System
As the county seat of Stanly County, Albemarle is the largest municipality within the county and is a community of thriving businesses, distinctive homes, and friendly neighborhoods. The growing business and retail sectors make the City of Albemarle a convenient and attractive place to live and work. Albemarle is located in the beautiful Uwharrie Lakes region of Piedmont North Carolina, and is conveniently located near two of the state’s largest urban areas – Charlotte and the Piedmont Triad area. Morrow Mountain State Park is just east of the City, and attracts visitors from across the state. Tuckertown Lake, Badin Lake and Lake Tillery are all located within a few minutes of Albemarle and offer a multitude of opportunities for boating, fishing and swimming. Albemarle offers an affordable cost of living and year-round moderate climate.