JFK Memorial Hospital was founded in 1966 by a group of physicians including Dr. Carreon, who later had one of the hospitals cross streets named in his honor. Originally called Indio Community Hospital, the hospital grew from a 112-bed hospital to the 156-bed JFK Memorial Hospital of today. The facility sees 50,000 annual patients in its emergency department.
- Annual Patient Volume: 50,000
- ED Beds: 12
- Admission Rate: 9%
- Documentation: Cerner
- Physician Daily Coverage: 30 hours
- APC Daily Coverage: 36 hours
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- STEMI Receiving Center
- Streamlined admission process with ApolloMD Hospitalist team
- Excellent Call Panel 24/7
- 24/7 Cath Lab, X-ray, CT, MRI, Ultrasound
Located in Indio, California’s “City of Festivals”, John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital lies between Joshua Tree National Park and the San Bernardino National Forest in the Coachella Valley of Southern California’s Colorado Desert region, just a short drive from the glamorous desert oasis of Palm Springs.