Hospital Medicine Services Partner
With a growing focus on continuity of care both within the hospital walls and beyond, partnering with a reliable, consistent and top-quality hospitalist services group is key. ApolloMD understands the major challenges hospitals face regarding inpatient medicine and has developed proven solutions for enhancing quality of care, eliminating bottlenecks and inefficiencies, hospitalist staffing and interdepartmental communication.
With the understanding that each facility has its own set of unique circumstances, we have developed two options for hospital medicine services:
1.Comprehensive program where ApolloMD recruits all physicians and APCs, as well as owns all processes within the hospitalist group
2.Hospitalists management group services structure, where ApolloMD provides support and management expertise to optimize a hospitalist practice employed by the hospital
ApolloMD partners with hospitals to offer a complete solution to clinical outsourcing needs. After signing an exclusive contract with the hospital, we provide the full range of hospitalist group services ranging from clinical recruitment to performance improvement and revenue cycle. Through our unique business model, we align the incentives of our clinicians with those of the hospital: optimizing the admission process and ensuring continuity of care during the hospital stay and beyond.
Aligned Hospitalist Compensation Model
ApolloMD employs a unique compensation structure that aligns the incentives of our hospitalist group with the hospitals and health systems we serve. Composed of a base rate, volume-based component and the ApolloMD Quality Partner Incentive (QPI), ApolloMD compensation promotes efficiency, quality and citizenship.
Our hospital medicine-specific quality parameters include:
- Core Measures:
- #5: Ace inhibitor or ARB or ARNI therapy for left ventricular systolic dysfunction
- #8: Beta-blocker therapy for left ventricular systolic dysfunction
- #47: Documentation of care plan
- #130: Documentation of current medications
- H-CPR #14: Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) Prophylaxis
- HMIQ #1: Discharge summary completed within 1 day of discharge date
- HMIQ #2: Follow-up care coordination documented in discharge summary
- HMIQ #3: Appropriate use of blood transfusions
- Patient Callbacks for Predetermined Patients
- Discharges Before 10:00/11:00 AM
Recruitment of Top-Quality Hospitalists and Advanced Practice Clinicians
The lifeblood of a successful hospitalist group is a team of outstanding clinicians, and ApolloMD’s dedicated hospitalist staffing recruiters work to establish a core group of physicians at each facility that we serve. Living and working within the community, our clinicians become truly invested in the hospitals where they practice, developing strong working relationships with members of administrative teams and the medical staff. Leveraging a unique physician and APC ownership program, rewarding compensation, ongoing development and top-quality practice locations, ApolloMD hospitalist recruitment is able to attract and retain the best and brightest from top programs across the nation.
Interdepartmental Communication to Promote Connected Care
A successful hospitalist group does not operate in a silo. As an experienced multispecialty physician practice, ApolloMD has developed proven solutions to enhance collaboration and communication between clinical departments. To support our hospitalist groups and to promote connected care, our program offerings include:
- STAT (Streamlined Throughput Admission Technology)
- Collaborative Clinical Leadership Approach
- ENGAGE – promotes patient safety through streamlined post-discharge care, improving patient outcomes and reducing readmissions
- POP (Post-acute Optimization Program)
Hospitalist Management Services
ApolloMD understands that every facility has unique needs, goals and challenges associated with each of its departments. Often, hospital-employed or independent physician practices can benefit from the extensive support and resources of a national hospitalist management group. In addition to our comprehensive hospitalist group services, ApolloMD offers a hospitalist management program, through which we provide the operational support and performance improvement initiatives to independent or hospital-employed hospital medicine groups.
Our hospitalist management solutions include:
- Access to Data and Customized Reporting As the need for data-driven patient care increases and reimbursements are tied to objective clinical measures, hospitalist groups must be able to track and report performance on high-priority clinical metrics. ApolloMD takes a collaborative data-driven approach to patient care. Our internal team of data analysts develops customized reports for each hospital client and individual dashboards for each clinical provider. By monitoring data down to the time of day and individual clinician, we are able to pinpoint areas for improvement within each clinical department.
When partnering with a hospital-employed or independent practice to provide hospitalist management services, we work closely with the team to identify key performance metrics related to throughput, clinical quality, and patient engagement. Our experienced analytics team then develops systems for capturing and reporting data.
- Outstanding Compliance Record Throughout decades of providing clinical outsourcing and management services, ApolloMD has built a superb compliance record with no Medicare or Medicaid fraud. We utilize electronic charge capture and third-party coding in our hospitalist management contracts, enhancing compliance and risk mitigation. All employees complete compliance and HIPAA training upon joining the team, and our experts are constantly updating training modules and processes to meet regulatory changes. Our dedication to compliance allows our clinical partners to focus on patient care.